Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Aftermath

I have been walking on clouds since the Phillies won the World Series. Not much matterred. Eagles? Meh. Flyers? Meh. PSU facing 3 teams we should beat? No problem. O wait....



PSU 23
Iowa 24

My congratulations to the Iowa Hawkeyes. We made mistakes, they capitalized. We coached poorly, they did not*. They executed in the redzone, we had drives that stalled.

Quick Thoughts

  • Hull and Quarless should be sitting until the end of the MSU game. That kind of play by both of them is inexcusable.
  • Our OL was extremely bipolar.
  • Green and Royster played well.
  • The second TD was Rubin's fault.
  • I have been screaming this all year: if you are playing against a horrible QB, and it's 3rd and long, rush more than 4. You have to.
  • Odrick was a beast all the live-long day.
  • Norwood dropped an easy pass for first down. This is the second game this year he dropped a very easy pass for first down. I hope he doesn't lose confidence.
  • Bowman had an outstanding day. The guy is everywhere. And he stopped Shonn Greene dead on one play with a pure form tackle.
  • I put this one more on the coaches than I do the players.

Again, props to Iowa. And I think I might be in love with Mitch King.

/blocking out 1999 in my head for the rest of the week.

*Except for when D. Williams lined up in shotgun.

No comments: