Friday, February 15, 2008

I Keep having PSU Themed Dreams....

Last night's was interesting. There were several.

Dream #1
Joe tried me out at LT. I got owned.

Then I moved to right tackle. Better results-it had to do with my stance. I wasn't squaring up to the DE, and for some reason, it was heavily stressed that i place my right palm on the ground, but have my fingers pointing behind me. And then my side dominated. Especially in short distance scenerios. YOU HERE THAT MO EVANS? I'MA GUNNIN' FER YOU, BOY!!!

So then they put me in a game. It had to be an early fall game due to temperatures being high with bouts of rain. The weird(er?) part is that we were playing Michigan State. We played very well; I noted that about every play was to Dwill who was led perfectly on each pass, and Devlin was the starting QB. Further, I was charged with multiple blocking assignments, most of which I performed.

I am 32 years old, severely out of shape, balding, and barely stand 6'. Yet, none of this occurs to me whilst slumbering.

Dream #2
Gameday in Beaver Stadium. My seats were over the Visitor's locker room, and none other than JayPa the Terrible was sitting in my row. What's that? Of course I wasn't wearing any pants, which makes the dream slightly more believable.

Anyhoo-I moved down onto the field (visitor's sideline) with some friends. We found some old wooden bleachers-like the kind they have at little league games.

What irked me about this dream is that PSU had changed their Jerseys. Numbers like 144 and 169 were in play(and yes, I know they are perfect squares. even in my dreams i am a geek). Further, the new home unis looked like the "third jersey" which nobody wants to buy. The only reason anyone should wear them is if some dippy relative bought one for you, and they are coming over while the game is on.

More disturbing was the play of the Lions. We were trailing BC 17-0 in the first half. The players were given every oppurtuninty to be in this game, but couldn't fall on a fumble, and Scirotto(sp?) dropped a gimme int. The stands weren't even close to capacity, nobody was cheering, and I couldn't hold conversations with my friends because of the lousy piped in music. Through hand gesturing, it was determined that we should head back to Harrisburg, of all places.

So there you have it. In one night, I had every PSU fan's dream and worst nightmare. At least in the nightmare Jay wasn't on the sidelines.

No comments: