My thoughts on the past 4 games?
- Big ups to Jay and Galen. I absolutely love the playcalling, and how in almost every play multiple skill players can be used. Of course, it helps to have a man-beast QB that can read defenses. Just sayin'....
- Jerome Hayes went down. This gives me sorrow to which I cannot ever write about. Sometimes, I think Niche was right.
- Get Evans and Koroma back in there for Illinois. I am pretty sure by now they understand what they did and how it effects the team.
- As predicted, Navarro Bowman appears to be THE NEXT ONE.....
- We are deficient in special team coverage, and turn the ball over too much.
So there ya have it. We ate our cupcakes, they tasted good, and now onto the conference schedule entree. Selah.
Know Your LionsAs previously stated, it's very easy to watch PSU football, get lost in the game, and merely look at our players as athletic pawns in a college system. This cannot happen. These boys that lock it up for our entertainment every weekend are real kids. They have back stories, most of them far more colorful than the humble jerseys they don. It's just a shame that most of us will never get so much as a glimpse into their personal lives.
The next student-athlete in the queue for this feature has to be Jack Crawford.
As we all know that Jack is a little late in picking up the game of football; he was born in England, and originally came to America to play basketball. Basically, he has a freakish size/speed matchup (6' 6", 260, 4.55), but is underdeveloped due to lack of experience. This will change under LJ Sr. (See Hali, Tamba).
I recently sat down with young Jack* to write about the odds and ends of his life. The following are just some things that people should know about him:
- Once beat the shit out of Tunney O'Hanlon. Then slammed an entire case of bitter, sang "God Save the Queen", and pleasured every woman in the room.
- Speaks when spoken to around LJ Sr.
- Believes rugby is for "wankers".
- Worked hard in the offseason to eradicate English accent by living in North Jersey.
- Distrusts the Welsh.
- Has this picture posted over his locker as fuel for playing Michigan.
- Can rhyme any word with "purple".
- Thinks Braveheart was a good enough movie, but would like to remind everyone that on June 19, 1306, Robert the Bruce's Scottish rebels were defeated at the Battle of Methven.
- Mo Evans calls him the "Limey prick trying to take my job". Secretly hopes that this is just a nickname, and wants to be his BFF. That is why he moved to DT.
- Hates urinals.
So there ya have it. Don't be afraid to confront Jack with his personal information, as listed above. I'm sure he will laugh**.
*no I didn't
**he won't. and for the love of God, don't tell him I said any of this.